06 January 2009

2009 Financial Goals

With the beginning of 2009, I thought what better time than now to start building our financial future!

We are beginning the 7 baby steps this month using Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover system, and I am transitioning to an envelope system like this.

I also bought the boys Financial Peace Jr. for Christmas. This Dave Ramsey program is tailored for kids age 3-12. My husband was a little skeptical at first that the kids would get it, but they have been doing well with their commission sheets. They also really enjoy listening to Junior's story on cd.

The first night the 3 year old put plus signs beside each of his duties to show that they had been completed and erased the fines area. Not exactly what we are going for, but it just shows that he does understand.

I invite you to explore Dave Ramsey's site and evaluate if this program is right for your family. If so, feel free to join us on our journey to become debt free as we learn to live like no one else. I'll post each month as we progress along.

No comments: