01 March 2010

Menu Plan


Still working on staying out of the grocery as much as I can!  I'm going back to the envelope system from groceries this month.  Instead of adding money each week, I put it all in on this weekend.  We'll see how that plays out.  I got my big trip to Trader Joe's out of the way, and hit the asian/indian food stores to do the bulk of our stocking up.  I still need to hit Aldi for oatmeal, tomatoes, and produce, but I don't see any problems with staying under budget this month -- our pantry is looking pretty good. =)  Which is good because once the envelope is empty -- it's EMPTY! 

Some of the best deals I scored this weekend, 4lb bag of cream of wheat for $.99, 5lb bag black eyed peas $3.99, 3lb onions for $.69 just to name a few.  Did I mention how much I love ethnic food stores? =)
BREAKFASTS
baked oatmeal
muffins

LUNCHES
Leftovers

SNACKS
Muffins, cereal bars, crackers

MONDAY
Chili w/ cornbread

TUESDAY
Leftovers

WEDNESDAY
Homemade Tuna Helper

THURSDAY
BBQ Chicken
Veggies

FRIDAY
Fried potatoes
Scrambled eggs

SATURDAY
Pizza night

SUNDAY
Homemade Mac-n-cheese
Veggies

For more menu ideas, visit Org Junkie.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My family LOVES homemade tuna helper. Man i need to do this. I printed off a thingy to help me...but then i would have to go to the grocery store and I just dont want to. BOOO!

Beulah said...

I love this recipe because it's super quick and easy, and I can make it dairy free. It's been helping me to stay on grocery budget and avoid the dinner time stress of what to make.

Sometimes we switch days, but we've been doing better at not eating out for dinner. Eating out is just too convenient. Now if I could get my husband to stop eating out so much for lunch . . .

=)