19 November 2008

Works for Me: Microfiber cloths

Microfiber cloths for cleaning work for me. I use them in place of paper towels for cleaning and dusting around the house. I also love these as dish cloths. They scrub like nobody's business, and they don't harbor things like sponges do. Personally, I am not a fan of bulky dish cloths, so I cut my microfiber cloths into quarters when I buy them.

They hold their shape without being sewn or hemmed. Perfect for folks like me who couldn't be bothered to do such a thing. I'd want to, but I'd just not get it done. Then I'd agonize about my lack of motivation....you get the picture. =) I've also read about other folks using these as mop heads for their Swiffers.

In addition to being easy to use, the cloths will save you a ton of money if you use them in place of single use materials. Since you are washing them and reusing them, they are also a sustainable choice. My microfiber cloths have held up really well. I've been using the same quartered cloth for about four years.

If you have a Harbor Freight Tools near you, they currently have a coupon in their ad for microfiber cloths. I believe you were able to buy a four pack for $4.99 -- that's about what one would cost at WalMart.

Share what works for you or read more posts over at Rocks In My Dryer every Wednesday!

No comments: