02 February 2009

Meatless Monday: Potato and Zucchini Casserole

This dish is so good! I couldn't tell you the last time we had it though. . . I have a little one with a milk allergy. I'm thinking I may make a batch, freeze it, and use it for my lunch. Yummy!

Potato and Zucchini Casserole
1/2 tsp soy sauce
2 c. potatoes, peeled and diced
2 TBSP butter
3 zucchini. scrubbed and sliced (feel free to peel it if you need to get off wax)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TBSP basil
3 TBSP milk
1/2 tsp paprika
salt and pepper
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Boil potatoes until soft. Drain. Mash potatoes with milk and paprika. Salt and pepper to taste. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, zucchini, and basil. Cook until zucchini is just soft. Put zucchini mixture into a greased 9x9 baking dish. Top with potatoes and shredded cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.

No comments: