29 July 2009

Works For Me: Summer Lemonade

Some things for me just scream summer. Lemonade is one of those things.

I LOVE homemade lemonade. I know you can buy the powdered stuff, but why should you when I'm giving you a delicious, simple recipe?

Feel free to use the bottled juice if you don't have access to fresh lemons. Trust me. It's worth it. You can also substitute lime juice if you prefer.

Summer Lemonade

For one gallon of lemonade:
2 c. sugar
2 c. water
1 1/2 c. lemon juice

We're gonna start with a simple syrup. In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the sugar is fully dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool.
Once cooled, add the lemon juice and enough water to make one gallon. Serve over ice and enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------

For more Works For Me, visit We Are That Family.

No comments: